Sunday, October 16, 2011

projectiles

I know babies projectile vomit.  I've seen it before.  I was told that I used to projectile vomit as a baby.  Did you know they can also project other body functions?

Today I learned first hand.

Let's start with Miles being a gassy baby.  If you've spent any length of time with us, you know Miles is a tooter.  So I woke him from sleeping in his swing to feed him.  Before we feed, we change the diaper.  I've learned that I should wait about 5 minutes from waking him up to actually change the diaper because he'll either pee or poop before the change is over.

Today was no different.  He was curling his legs up and tooting up a storm.  He stopped so I started to change the diaper.  After getting halfway done, he started tooting again.  I had his legs up and was wiping his bottom which set the trajectory.  He tooted and projectile pooped across the room.   For reals, shit bout hit the coffee table.  I didn't realize that was even possible.  I've been careful to not lift his legs too high because it makes him spit up sometimes, but now I have to watch where I stand when I change his diaper.  Luckily, I was standing to the left of the projectile and avoided being covered with it...

wonder what else today will bring

1 comment:

  1. Laura - we used to call that the 'fresh bowl' syndrome. "What's this nice clean diaper doing down there - better fix that!"

    The nice thing about girls is that (to my knowledge) i didn't get peed on. Ellen, on the other hand, says she changed babies diapers for a quarter of a century, and didn't get peed on until Fiona. More times than she could remember in a week. :)

    ReplyDelete